Sunday, September 18, 2011

90's Hit Parade #28



Public Enemy - I Don't Wanna Be Called Yo Nigga

This isn't my favorite Public Enemy song (we'll get to it), but it is my favorite Flavor Flav song, so I figured I'd include it. This song is just butt funky. I always picture big, fat women doin' the butt dance when I hear it. Incredibly catchy chorus--it took an incredible act of will to not go around singing it in public (seriously, black people--if you want us to stop using that word, you need to stop making it sound so damn good!)

Antithesis:


Ice T - Straight Up Nigga

I was obsessed with this album when it came out. It sounds pretty dated now. I should dedicate a whole post to Ice-T at some point, after I get this stupid countdown done. But for now, a good response to Flav.

Synthesis:


A Tribe Called Quest - Sucka Nigga

Q-Tip attempts to bridge the gap here. His head is with PE, his heart is wtih Ice-T. Or his eyes say "no no no," but his lips say "nigga nigga nigga."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home