Friday, May 06, 2005

Song Fragment: The Advocate

I was having this dream just before I woke up. It was one of those fluid-reality dream, where what's happening changes from second to second, but just before I woke up, I was sitting at a picnic table with a bunch of people from college discussing our friend Doug's drug problem. John Linnel of They Might Be Giants was sitting there, and when it was his turn to speak, he sang the first two lines of this song in perfect TMBG melodicalness. I took it from there. As usual, the lyrics don't mean anything:

At the very least, there should be places to rest
There should be girls on the corner of every street
With documents certifying authenticity
Provided by the FDA

Well if you want my opinion
I think something should be done
About this awful situation
And any others yet to come
If congress will not pass a measure
We can take it to the streets
Thomas Paine would be disgusted
As would William Butler Yeets

At the very least there should be measures in place
To prevent this sort of thing from happening again
There should be regulations placed on the developement
of further additions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home