Monday, May 16, 2005

Trader Joe's Ultimate Burger

I grilled some burgers last night, and for myself I threw one of those new Trader Joe's Ultimate Burgers on the grill, with a little hot sauce on it. It's stuffed with bleu cheese and bacon. It was OK, but a little too intense. I think I like it better just putting some chunks of blue cheese in the burger.

Tomorrow, I get to vote for Antonio Villaraigosa in the mayoral runoff, something I find myself less and less enthusiastic about. My primary motivation is not really that I think he'd make a great mayor, but that he could be an important player in the Democratic Party if he gets a high-profile job, like Mayor of L.A. He's young, charismatic, and has proven in the past to be committed to progressive politics. But he hasn't really done much since we voted him in as our city councilman, and he's starting to feel like another John Kerry--someone who went from inspiring activist to bland politician, the people that are killing the party. I hope for the best, but I'm so jaded about democrats at this point that it's hard to muster enthusiasm about any of them. I think I've gotten to the point where my hate for George Bush is overshadowed by my hate for John Kerry, for being lame enough to lose to Bush.

So the blog's looking pretty nifty, eh? I decided to put a list of favorite bands/movies/etc. down the side, and link to their websites, but damn, most bands have incredibly weak websites--both the official sites and the fan sites. I mean, look at that Beefheart site, made by a couple of ordinary fans with too much time on their hands. That's how ya do it, son! Why hasn't anyone made an equally informative web page for Spike Jones or Jonathan Richman? I ended up adding Redd Kross and Negativeland to the list, just because they had interesting sites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home