Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Chicken and Rice

OK, first of all this song rules!

Trader Joe's has kosher chicken, and I swear it's so much better than any other chicken. I don't know what is different about it, but I assume the exacting standards of kosher require better care for the chickens both before and after their deaths. I BBQ'd some Sunday, and it was even more delicous than my usual BBQ chicken (which is pretty awesome in itself). I also made chicken and rice with it not long ago. This is a favorite recipe of the family. I like to make it on Sunday nights, because it takes a little while. Better for cold weather, but just for fun, here's the recipe:

Take a whole, cut up chicken. Peel the skin off, and any excess fat. Put the chicken in a big pot with 1 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. garlic powder, and aboooooooout 3/4 tsp. salt (a whole tsp. seems to just be too much). Cover it with water, bring to a low boil, and let it boil for an hour. Then remove the chicken, let it cool for 10 or 15 minutes. Shred the meat off the bone and dump into the broth. Add a can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup. Bring to a boil. Add 6 cups of rice (I use minute rice, just so I don't have to cook the stuff any further) and cook. It's like a more solid version of chicken soup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home