Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Land of the Dead and other stuff

My idea of the perfect movie? A week ago, I'm not sure what I would have said, but now: Zombies eating Republicans. Such a simple concept. Bobbie declared it her favorite zombie movie ever. I wouldn't go that far, but it is a fantastically satisfying flick, and I really think Romero's dead series has to stand among the most successful franchises in the history of movies. More detailed insights possibly coming later in the week, but right now, I'm so happy that I saw a new Godzilla movie and a new Romero Dead movie on the big screen within a week, and both were much more satisfying than the new Star Wars movie.

In other new, Jamba Juice is incredibly good. They've opened a branch in our neighborhood, and I just can't get enough. If they put rum in these things, there'd be no stopping them.

I went nuts at the Brand Library. They had so much new stuff I was interested in. Currently checked out:

Prince: The Hits 2 (which has a lot of Controversy and Dirty Mind stuff)
Prince: LoveSexy (not a great album, but it's got at least 3 great songs)
Prince: 1999
Annette Funicello: The Best of Annette
Dizzee Rascal: Boy in da Corner
Rolling Stones: Her Satanic Majesty Requests (CD is in bad shape)
Santana: Caravanserai (4th album, more mellow/jazz-y/instrumental stuff than previous. Some of it sucks, some of it's good)
Frank Zappa: Cheap Thrills
Sleater-Kinney: The Hot Rock
Kid Creole: Kid Creole Redux (excellent!)
Raymond Scott Orchestrette: Pushbutton Parfait
The Roots: Things Fall Apart
Kriss Kross: Totally Krossed Out
Jethro Tull: Thick as a Brick (Deluxe Edition)
Ray Charles: The Very Best of Ray Charles

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

things fall apart - great record.

7/12/2005 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home