Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I Heart Brand Library!

I cannot BELIEVE the haul I got from there last night:

Frank Zappa: You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Vol. 3
Can: Tago Mago
Stooges: Raw Power (Iggy's remix)
Julie Ruin: s/t
Miles Davis: Milestones
Thelonious Monk: Underground
Staple Singers: Uncloudy Day
Ramones: Animal Boy (not sure why I got this. I don't own it, but I've heard it plenty of times, and all the best songs are on Ramonesmania. Just an impulse.)
James Brown: 20 All-Time Greatest Hits
Carl Perkins: Original Sun Greatest Hits
Ozomatli: Embrace the Chaos
Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson: Seashores of Old Mexico (I think my dad used to have this album, so maybe I'll get some nostalgia out of it)
Hillbilly Fever Vol. 1: Legends of Western Swing
Hillbilly Fever Vol. 2: Legends of Honky Tonk
History of Trojan Records Vol. 1: 1968-1971

I wish I had a copy of the old mix of Raw Power to make a side-by-side comparison with. The only song I can really remember well enough to judge is "Search and Destroy," and I think I like the old version better. This version is less shitty, but not as good, if that makes sense. But I think "Gimme Danger" sounds better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home