Friday, November 18, 2005

Big Bear


That's me, standing above the clouds (which, by the way, are a bitch to drive through). Battery on the camera ran out, so this is the only real picture we got. Spent several relaxing days at 7,000 feet above sea level, eating at places with names like The Munching Bear, The Teddy Bear, and Senor Hog, and eating entirely too much freshly-made fudge. The Teddy Bear was actually very good. I found myself wishing we'd gotten up earlier to have breakfast there, but I did have a rockin' french dip. And I swear I overheard this bit of conversation at Senor Hog:

"It was just like in...what's the name of that movie?"
"The Elephant Man?"
"No, When Harry Met Sally."

P.S.: Turner Classic Movies tonight is running a bunch of Harold Lloyd movies. Looks like it's most of the stuff from the new DVD set. Tomorrow night, Orson Welles' Othello followed by his weird documentary on art forgery, F for Fake, which is very great. Tuesday, after a ton of spy movies, They'll be showing the original King Kong, the documentary I'm King Kong on Kong director Meriam Cooper, and one of Cooper's pre-Kong films, Grass. And Marx Bros. movies all Wednesday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home