Saturday, December 24, 2005

Holiday Randomness

I'm so happy! A 99-cent video store opened in the shopping center 2 blocks from my house! And they have a pretty good selection. Now I don't need to choose between patronizing Blockbuster or driving 15 minutes out to Silverlake every time I want to rent a video. The selection isn't quite as good as Jerry's or Video Journeys (the two Silverlake stores I go to), but they have a lot of stuff. They have a whole shelf of Criterions (about 40, and an interesting cross-section too: Bob LaFlambeur, The Red Shoes, Blood of a Poet, Fiend Without a Face, The Royal Tennenbaums, Salesman, Withnail & I...), and yesterday I noticed there's a bunch of Russ Meyer DVD's scattered throughout the "Drama" section, including a few I haven't seen (I watched Mudhoney last night).

PUGS!!!

Ken Hite is some kind of writer of role playing games or something. Whatever, his journal is a fun read, and right now he's doing a series of capsule reviews of weird paranormal/conspiracy books from his bookshelf. It starts here. I've already found one book I want to read(I didn't even realize there WAS a sequel to Holy Blood, Holy Grail).

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben MirĂ³ said...

Goddamn pugs are cuuuuute (that's way too many vowels for a straight man to use in one word...but it's apt).

Although, a friend of mine told me that hers sneezed really har donce and his eyeball came out of the socket.

Believe it or not.

12/27/2005 3:50 PM  
Blogger Chris Oliver said...

I believe it. They have a lot of respiratory problems. I've had pugs all my life, and some of them are have it worse than others. One of the ones my family had when I was a kid was cross-eyed. Mutts are the healthiest dogs.

12/27/2005 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home