Friday, January 13, 2006

RIP Jim's Burgers

It seems that Jim's Burgers in Eagle Rock has closed. On the one hand, this shouldn't be too surprising, since there are three old-school drive-thru burger joints along that strip of Colorado Blvd. There's the famous Tommy's, which serves an awful chili burger that people drive from all over town for (it's a chain, but I think there's only maybe three around), and then there's Pete's Blue Chip right next door to Tommy's.


On the other hand, Jim's always seemed to be doing good business. There was some Classic Car Club that used to meet there, so if you drove by on a Saturday night, the parking lot would be full of vintage hotrods. Any way, I went down there to take some photos before the place disapears. I like this picture: "yeah, no shit."


It's especially sad to see this place go, since it was used in one of my favorite movies, Jack Hill's Switchblade Sisters.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Then again, I'm not really positive that it's actually closing. Maybe they're just doing a massive renovation? At any rate, it looks like they're not demolishing the cool A-Frame building and that classic sign. At least not yet.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Comments:

Blogger George Merchan said...

Saw this the other day when I was driving to Tommy's incidentally. That's really too bad.

1/13/2006 4:38 PM  
Blogger Chris Oliver said...

People love those Tommy's burgers. I can't abide them.

1/17/2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger George Merchan said...

I can feel myself die a little whenever I have one (though I prefer the fries personally). Just one of those guilty pleasures, I guess.

1/18/2006 1:43 AM  
Anonymous James said...

The guy is definitely right, and there's no question.
check here | akai berry | Fast Weight Loss

2/21/2012 9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The car club that used to frequent there is know as the TROMPERS of Eagle Rock. They've been in the area since 1945. Now that Jim's has been converted to Oinkster, the mystic just isnt there anymore.

8/28/2012 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home