Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Book Revue (1946)


These past few weeks, we've been having an incredible bit of hassle with the landlord and the building inspector. The upside of this is that it's pushed me over the edge, and I'm now willing to do whatever it takes to own my own place. I just can't stand having the landlord hanging around. Good news on that front: I may have a part-time teaching job lined up for Tuesday and Thursday nights, which would be very nice. The other really good news in our family is that it looks like Brandie is going to CCA next fall. Not official, but looking very good. Yay!

Here's some screengrabs from Bob Clampett's Book Revue, off the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, Vol. 2. This is like my favorite DVD. In fact, this DVD has totally changed my mind about the Warners directors--since buying it, I'm now positive that Clampett was the best, over Chuck Jones or Tex Avery (Avery did his best work at MGM anyway). This is one of his wackiest.





My favorite:





Anyone know how I can put some bigger images on the blog without them looking pixilated?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I always capture at max size and re-size to 400 wide X whatever high.
Or you can make 'em as big as you want, use Photobucket.com to store and then you have a clickable tumbnail that expands to a larger size.

2/08/2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger Chris Oliver said...

See, the problem seems to be pre-Photobucket. Because the screengrabs blow up full-screen and undistorted on my computer, but when I put those same pictures on Photobucket, they're just thumbnails.

2/10/2006 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home