Sunday, February 26, 2006

Wayne Manor Burned Down

this soldier - author - batman for all his commontroyism is just another of those souftsiezed bubbles who never quite got the sandhurst out of his eyes so that the champaign he draws for us is as flop as a plankrieg

-James Joyce
Finnegan's Wake, Book I, Chapter VI



I thought the house you could see on the side of the hill as you come over the "suicide bridge" from Pasadena into Eagle Rock looked familiar, but I could never quite place it until someone pointed out to me that it was used as the establishing shot for Stately Wayne Manor in the old 60's Batman TV show. The house burned down a few months ago...is this the work of The Joker? Anyway, I took this photo yesterday.

4 Comments:

Blogger George Merchan said...

Holy shit, that sucks. I visited that place as a kid when I found out it was Wayne's abode.

Guess someone wanted to recreate the scene from BATMAN BEGINS.

2/28/2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger Chris Oliver said...

Seriously, you've been up there? That sounds like a good story...

3/01/2006 1:25 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

That's not the Batman house. That's the house used as the basis for the matte-print in the movie "Clue."

12/05/2007 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Arlen said...

I found a lot of helpful info here!
here | http://edpilldgb.com | here

2/21/2012 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home