Thursday, March 16, 2006

Spittin' Wicked Randomness, Vol. 9

I sometimes have to resist the temptation to just fill this blog with links to stuff on the other blogs on my sidebar. Here's something great that Cartoon Brew linked to: Jot. Fantastic Christian cartoons that look painfully familiar. I can't recall actually seeing these, but whomever did these probably did a lot of work in the 70's on commercials, Sesame Street, and such. At any rate, you're encouraged to watch.

Slater's blog is fucking hilarious. I especially like his post on dual dialogue.

And this is a fascinating blog: "A forum for Pixar and Disney professionals passionate about the Disney Theme Parks to catalog past Imagineering missteps and offer tenable practical solutions in hopes that a new wave of creative management at Imagineering can restore some of the wonder and magic that's been missing from the parks for decades."

A BBC interview with Alan Moore that makes me hate American TV. It's not so much the subject matter--I could conceivably see 60 minutes, say, doing a piece on Moore--it's the production values. Nothing on U.S. TV would ever look like that!

There's so much good Frank Zappa stuff up on YouTube that I don't even know where to start: Jamming with John Belushi on The Purple Lagoon on SNL, a young man playing a bicycle on the Steve Allen show, an old man telling John Lofton to "Kiss my ass" on Crossfire, insane claymation for City of Tiny Lights and Inca Roads, a guitar showdown between Frank and Steve Vai...and every time I check, there's something new!

And here's a great NPR piece interpreting Allan Sherman through the lense of Jewish-American assimilation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home