Friday, May 12, 2006

We Got The Power!

Behold the blog responsible for sucking up most of my time recently: Power Records! I had several of these when I was a kid, including The Incredible Hulk at Bay!, Captain America and the Falcon in And A Phoenix Shall Arise, and one that I don't see listed on the site, the Fantastic Four's origin (which I think gets scratched on the first Jurassic 5 EP). In fact, I still have two of them:


Bran, those are actually your's that you left at the Mona Lane house. There were some others, I gave them to Brandie and Stephen, then took these back when I found out they had damaged the other records. Kids!

So I cooked some Dodger Dogs yesterday. Get this--Dodger Dogs are big footlongs. Von's sells Dodger Dogs, but they don't sell any buns big enough to fit them! Super A does have buns big enough for them--but they don't sell Dodger Dogs! So I had to go to two different grocery stores just to have a meal of Dodger Dogs! The world is insane!

I just found out that my favorite politician--Oakland mayor, former California governor and presidential candidate Jerry Brown--is running for State Attorney General. Patt Morrison has a good conversation with him up, and he sounds impressive in contrast to the to gubernatorial candidates who I heard debate on KPCC last week, who just sounded like depressingly typical politicians.

And don't forget: Lady Vengeance opens in L.A. today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home