Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Booooiiing!

My review of The Black Dahlia. It's pretty negative, but I seem to have liked it more than anyone else. As for the review, I dunno...I made all the points I wanted to make, but I feel like the writing doesn't flow well. But then, I can't stand reading my own writing. The Big Screen is also up.

A couple nights ago, as I was going to sleep, I tried to visualize every inch of my elementary school. I went there for six years (kindergarten through fifth grade), and then there was a year when I had Sunday school classes there because it was next door to our church, so it shouldn't be surprising that it's so imprinted in my mind (or that I still find myself there in dreams sometimes), but I was amazed how clearly I could picture every inch of it. I even knew the back parts of the administrative offices, where the Principal and Vice Principal and the school nurse all had their offices, and there was a conference room.

Let's see, what else...I watched the Scorsese and Kubrick shorts on TCM Friday night. The Big Shave was very hard to watch. I had to force myself to watch it. Weird that you can watch all kinds of intense violence on film and not be bothered by it, but someone cutting their face while shaving is torture to watch. Come to think of it, the most unwatchable scene to me is in Pink Floyd: The Wall, when Pink shaves his nipples.

The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman is the best TV show you're not watching. Laura Kightlinger is hilarious on HBO's Lucky Louie, but she's even funnier here. It's somewhat similar in tone to Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I think much funnier than that show has been lately. And apparantly, Lucky Louie is over. Which is too bad. I probably shouldn't admit this in public, but I can relate in many ways to that show. The arguments between Louie and his wife sometimes sound like transcriptions of my fights with Bobbie.

!
!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home