Saturday, July 28, 2007

Well, That's That

Finished Deathly Hallows in approximately 1 week and 2 hours. Which is good, because now I can start on the dishes and chores that have been piling up.

Wow, it's like, you know how, with these long-running stories, you get to the end and you suddenly realize that the author totally misunderstood his own story (or, I guess, had a completely different idea of what it was about than you)? J.K. Rowling totally understands what Harry Potter is about. I'm so perfectly satisfied with this book. There's a couple things I was maybe thinking would go down a little differently (Neville getting revenge on Bellatrix, the big Lupin/Greyback wolf battle that never happened), but it's pretty much went where I was hoping it would go. Amazing how many details in each of the earlier books pay off in this one. And fucking action-packed, too. I don't know how they're going to cram all this into the movie, unless they just put some genius *cough*Cuaron*cough* in charge.

And now, to get on with my life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home