Thursday, September 27, 2007

Random Thoughts on Knocked Up



I can't believe they left this scene out! By far the funniest moment in the film (if it were in the film).

The Cirque du Soliel on Mushrooms scene was one of the more accurate representations of what people on psychedelics actually act like. Seth Rogen going "Whaaaaaaat's heeeeee doooooooiiiiiiin'?"--funny stuff. Let me also say that, if they ate all the mushrooms that were in that bag, that's a LOT of fuckin' mushrooms for two people to eat, especially if they're then going out in public.

The Steeley Dan argument rang very true to me. Something about that band that's so divisive among music geeks. Some people really see them as a great, cool band that combines jazz musicianship with pop songwriting skills without becoming too prog, and others see them as lame, watered-down boomer rock, and neither side can believe it when they hear the other interpretation. (I guess I fall in the latter category--I don't hate them like Yes or Boston, but I sorta passively like them without ever thinking about it, like The Doobies, Eagles, or Elton John.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben MirĂ³ said...

The bit with the hotel chairs is also hilariously astute.

I really appreciate the honesty of the Pete and Debbie subplot. Paul Rudd is the rock of Gibraltar, as usual...but Leslie Mann does some great work. She's shrill and then so vulnerable. Kinda gets me when she tells him "But I like Spider-Man..."

9/28/2007 10:01 AM  
Blogger Chris Oliver said...

I really think the two Apatow movies are my favorite movies of the year so far. We'll see what the Coens can do about that, though.

9/28/2007 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home