Friday, September 28, 2007

Spittin' Wicked Randomness, Vol. XXIII



I've been pimping The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman, a hilarious TV show on IFC that nobody seems to watch besides me. The sense of humor is a little hard to explain, but it's got a little bit of Curb Your Enthusiasm, a little bit of Absolutely Fabulous, and a lot of Laura Kightlinger. Check out the DVD of the first season.

Good news: I fixed my turntable! $10 (plus shipping) for a new belt, 15 minutes of fighting with the stereo, and it's up and running!

I've done some updates on the post about my first two punk shows, including a copy of the flyer for the second show. While I was scanning that in, I decided to get this image:



This is from Fallout, a zine put out by Winston Smith (the guy that did all the Dead Kennedys album covers). It's from 1984, and printed on newsprint. I think I got it through a mail order catalogue. Lots of pre-photoshop collage art mixed with essays about how 1984 was coming true and stuff. It actually inspired me to go out and buy a copy of 1984.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home