Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Chuck: Actually Good

I've been watching Heroes. It's not very good, but it's entertaining. And when I watched the season premeire last week, I caught the last 5 minutes of the new show Chuck, which was actually quite hilarious. I caught the pilot in a rerun over the weekend, and the new episode Monday, and I have to say, this show is really good. Very funny stuff, possibly the best genre show on TV since the first season of Veronica Mars, and a really good lead-in to Heroes (which is to say, it's good enough that I'll keep watching Heroes because it's on after Chuck).

In contrast, I also watched the Bionic Woman pilot, which looked kinda promising in the promos, but man, that stunk. And last night, I came home and Bobbie was watching a marathon of Eureka on the SciFi channel, and while that's not really bad, it's amazingly boring. Or I thought so anyway, Bobbie was into it. But Chuck, which looked pretty lousy in the promos, hits the marks just right.



This weekend, I went to the used record store across the street (which I don't do nearly enough--it's like a teenage fantasy come true to live across the street from a cool record store!) and went through their $3 bin. I got this Boris Karloff album (starting off the Halloween season), a Firesign Theater album and Van Halen II (the only VH album I didn't have--I've been on a bit of a VH kick lately). And I digitized all my Redd Kross records, and put together an awesome Redd Kross mix in iTunes, which I'm rockin' right now! Hooray for being able to listen to old vinyl on iPods!

Elsewhere:

Bobbie is featured on Famous Indie Minute.



Internet petitions are generally bullshit, but this one might be worth the time. Sign it to convince China to put pressure on Burma.



The Bangles' first 7", one of my holy grail records. I found the link to that here, along with some Black Panther funk records and other stuff.



Glen Greenwald continues to nail the bizarre mix of puffed-up masculinity and insane fear in the right wing.



REJOICE! Guillermo Del Toro seems to have at least a tentative greenlight to make At The Mountains of Madness! I'm doing the happy dance!



This is the coolest photo of Clint Eastwood I've ever seen.

The new They Might Be Giants album is OK, but there's one song on it that I really love. And now it has a cool animated video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home