Monday, December 24, 2007

Spittin' Christmas Spirit

James Brown - Let's Make Christmas Mean Something This Year

A few links to things that have made me happy recently:

The B-52's Live in Athens '78. Dig Ricky's fuzztone sound on "52 Girls!" You know, I've come to the realization that the B-52's are actually one of my favorite bands.

I missed most of the Wright Stuff Festival at the New Beverly (we did go see Flash Gordon, but on a night with no special guests. Still, it was awesome to see on the big screen). Fortunately, Metroblogging L.A. has been putting up the podcasts. The John Landis one is amazing, although I'd also reccomend listening to the Timothy Dalton one, just for the first question Wright asks him.

And a last-minute addition: Last Days has The Dicks' Kill From the Heart LP. Essential 80's punk!

I leave you with some more Christmas Soul:

James Brown - Please Come Home For Christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home