Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Dick Clark is Creepy as Hell

Seriously, plastic surgery has preserved his boyish face, but he's got the voice of the 87-year-old man that he is. It's like something out of a science fiction satire.

Happy New Year, everybody!

We were gonna go see Juno today, but I'm so exhausted (and Bobbie's getting sick), we're just going to lay in bed all day. This is really like the first time I've had a chance to rest in about a month. Later on, I'll make some blackeyed peas and turnip greens, but that's it. I might not even shower.

I want to see Juno, Sweeney Tod, Persepolis and There Will Be Blood before I come up with a list (Oh, and Sunshine hits DVD next week), but so far, my favorite movies of the year:

No Country For Old Men
Knocked Up/Superbad
I'm Not There
Once
Grindhouse
Zodiac
Ratatouille
The Bourne Ultimatum
Hot Fuzz
Eastern Promises

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude! Yikes!

While I concur Clark did make me feel uncomfortable, he did have a major stroke in 2004.

He was strangely "young-ish" for so long (insert vampire joke here), that I just feel sad watching the guy.

Well, not too sad. He's one rich Hollywood mofo.

1/02/2008 5:34 PM  
Blogger Chris Oliver said...

Oh, OK. We were wondering if he'd had a stroke or something. It's such cognitive dissonance to see him looking so young and sounding so old. It was so disturbing that we had to change the channel.

1/03/2008 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home