Friday, June 06, 2008

Spittin' Wicked Randomness, Vol. XXVI



Ian Masters has a great interview on the latest (May 25) Live from the Left Coast podcast with Christine Wicker, author of The Fall of the Evangelical Nation. Great stuff on the exaggerated numbers the religious right have used to claim more public influence than they actually have. The claim is that there are 16 million Southern Baptists, but Wicker estimates there are maybe 4 million. The National Association of Evangelicals claims 30 million members, when the reality is, at best, 7.6 million. The "religious right" claims to be 25% of the population, when it's actually more like 7%.

Check out this pdf of a profile of Psychedelicatessen (a lineup without me) from a late-80's issue of Maximum Rock n Roll. I forgot that there was a period when Bob was singing for the band (just about everyone in our peer group had the job at one poinr or another)! Here's a new interview with Bob, if you're interested.

I saw The Fiery Furnaces last Saturday, and I've been listening to them obsessively since. I have an epic post I want to write about them, but I don't really have time to write it! Stay tuned, but in the mean time, this live show is pretty awesome.

And if you're in L.A. and want to come to my punk rock party tomorrow night, drop me a line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home