Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Movie Quiz, Patton at the New Bev, Rock v. Clinton and More!

Tagged by Chest Rockwell on this one.

- Which actor do you think hasn’t gotten the attention he/she deserves?

Hmmm, that's hard, because all the actors that I used to think that about (Forrest Whitaker, the cast of Boogie Nights) have pretty much gotten there in the past few years. But I've always thought Janeane Garofalo had some serious chops that she rarely got to use.

- What is your favorite movie line?

Well, my favorite recent movie line is from Superbad:

"Oh, I'm so wet"
"Yeah, they said that would happen in health class."

- What are the absolute worst movies you’ve ever seen?

This is lame, I'm as tired of it as everyone else, but I have to be honest. The worst movie I've ever seen is Revenge of the Sith. Second place is The Phantom Menace. I also really despised that Jim Carrey version of How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Aside from properties that I had some kind of investment in before the movie came out, Armagedon was really torture to sit through. I was really tempted to rip my eyes out of their sockest just to avoid seeing one more minute of it.

- What is your biggest guilty pleasure movie - the one you’re ashamed you enjoy?

Hmmm. I don't know if I really feel guilty about liking any movie. I guess I could say Mallrats. There's no way that movie is as funny as I think it is.

**********************

Zane has been bugging me to get on Facebook so that I could post to his community, so I finally caved. You can find me here. If you want to friend me, go right ahead.

The New Beverly continues their awesome guest programmers. And this one should be really awesome:


I strongly reccomend Blast of Silence and The Blade, two of my favorite underseen gems. It'll be great to hear Patton go off about these movies.

Seriously, Gloria Molina. Just cut it out. "The bloggers who helped bring the taco truck ban in unincorporated areas of Los Angeles to national headlines have done some sleuthing with a particular commenter's IP address (it's like a digital fingerprint) who left comments bashing the cause to save the savory street food. When they compared the address left on their website to the address listed on Wikipedia page edits about the County, it was the same."

Chris Rock going off on Bill Clinton on Letterman last night. Here's a few other political bits from the last week or so that I think are either important or funny enough to spread around. Hilzoy hilights some serious employee abuses that are apparantly not uncommon at all, what with the regulatory agencies being shrunk to bathtub drowning size and all. William Wolfrum points out some of the more disturbing bits in the official Republican Party platform. This bit on "white privelege" and what it means has been getting passed around a lot, but if you haven't seen it, it's worth a read. Also, if you haven't heard about the GOP attempt to purge voter rolls in Ohio, please read this. And Sullivan digs up the most enlightening interview on the election yet.

Finally, Locust Street has posted a set of songs to celebrate the arrival of Autumn, ranging from jazz to classical to 80's synth pop. I've been listening to it this morning, and it flows very nicely. I highly reccomend it. He followed it up with a set of songs that are all too relevent this week. Here's my choice for the current economic climate:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home