Monday, October 27, 2008

Punk Single of the Week: Raymond McCallister and his Orchestra



Raymond McCollister and his Orchestra w/Betty Coral - Chilli Dippin' Baby

OK, this one isn't punk, but it's cool as hell. Found this in a flea market in LaGrange, probably for a dime. Red vinyl, cool title, figured I'd pick it up. A nifty little piece of country swing. The B-side is a ballad called "Cryin' River," which isn't as cool, and is much more scratchy, so I just uploaded the A. Google tells me that the singer's name was Betty Coral, but I can't find much more information on it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Radio Genocide said...

This track was banned on all most of the country radio stations at the time it was released, due to the double meanings attached to the songs, Prostitution I believe.

10/16/2009 7:46 AM  
Blogger Chris Oliver said...

Thanks for the info. I couldn't find anything out about this one. There's definitely some double entendre in there, but I'm surprised that it was obvious enough to get censored, unless that's a bit of slang that went out of fashion.

10/21/2009 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home