Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Single of the Week - Beastie Boys





Beastie Boys - Peanut Butter and Jelly

For a while, I was working at this MRI facility in Santa Monica. Part of my job was delivering films around town, and since nobody was really watching me, I was able to spend a lot of time in the various record stores on the West Side. Around the time Hello Nasty came out, I went into the one on Pico near Bundy (can't remember the name, I think they had a plastic RCA dog out front?) to browse around. I ended up picking up a copy of SPIN with a Beastie Boys cover story. The guy behind the counter tried to sell me the "Intergalactic" 45 for a buck. "Jukebox exclusive, very rare" he told me. But I only had the money for the magazine, and I was pretty eager to read it, so I passed, and came back for it the next day. When I reminded the guy, he asked how much he had told me, and when I said "a dollar," he looked kinda sad, like since then he had realized that people were paying a lot more for it. The instrumental on the B-side is no great shakes, but I don't think you can find it anywhere else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home