Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spittin' Wicked Randomness, Vol. 33 Or So

My friend Bran made this nice short:


A really good resource for sorting through the deluge of amazing full-album mp3 blogs out there has been the Mining the Audio Motherlode feature on the WFMU blog. I've been going bonkers over the albums I got from first two links in this post. Shorty Rogers Meets Tarzan is some great afro-exotica jazz, but the A.K. Salim album...Damn! Coltrane-esque free blowing over hard African tribal percussion. I feel like I've been looking for something that sounded like this for years. I kinda felt the same way the first time I heard Mudhoney.

Via Soul Sides, the Soul! archive. Apparantly, Soul! was like a much cooler version of Soul Train on the PBS affiliate in NYC. Check out the amazing Rassahn Roland Kirk episode!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home