Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Brief, Personal Update

Had my gallbladder out Friday. Apparantly it's not that big a deal--done outpatient, and it seems to be pretty common among my peers. The appendix of middle age. So I'm alive. I'm in pain, as you would expect. Apparantly, when they cut you open, they inevitable leave some air bubbles in you, and those bubbles were really causing more pain than the stictches. It was right in my shoulder last night, pressing on a nerve, and it was really killing me. It's amazing how much pain you can still feel after taking two Vicodins. Anyway, I think the bubbles have pretty much worked their way out of me. The staples still hurt, especially when I cough, laugh or breathe deeply. I'll get them out next Thursday, hopefully it won't be as traumatic as it was for Randy the Ram.

The other worrying thing is that I'm having trouble peeing. Not that it's blocked or anything, I can pee, but gravity does most of the work. I can't seem to get the pee muscle to do much pushing, I guess because it's connected to all the other muscles that have holes in them now. Hope that's not TMI.

Anyway, I've been listening to this Gil Evans album a lot (yet another hat-tip to Give the Drummer Some on the WFMU blog.) It's from around the same time that Evans' frequent collaborator, Miles Davis, was making his electric rock albums, and it's sort of the same but completely different. More recognizably jazz, anyway. He does a fine cover of "Little Wing, but the first two tracks really kill me. Gie it a listen.

And here are my top 10 movies I'm looking forward to this summer:

1. Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. Soul Power!
4. Drag Me To Hell!
5. Star Trek (still haven't seen it)
6. Whatever Works
7. The Limits of Control
8. Outrage!
9. Land of the Lost
10. Public Enemies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home