Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rance Allen



The Rance ALlen Group - Ring My Bell (mp3)



I've been listening to Rance Allen's album A Soulful Experience (I got it off eMusic, but the link goes to Amazon). It's a great mix of soul and gospel from 1975, all sweaty and funky and nice. Apparantly, the guy's still around and still putting out albums. The above song, "Ring My Bell," is the album's opener, and it's fucking EPIC. Almost 10 minutes long. The "Stairway to Heaven" of soul.

P.S. - Got a lot of traffic over the last few days from funk blog Never Enough Rhodes, which posted a link to my Cyrill Jackson post. So if you're looking for more funky soul, check 'em out, they've got some great albums posted over there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anders Enochsson said...

You’ve got an interesting blog. Great music taste!

/Anders

5/20/2009 11:12 AM  
Blogger Chris Oliver said...

Thanks.

5/20/2009 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home