Sunday, June 14, 2009

Another Random YouTube Music Post



A great performance of a good ol' cowboy song. You can't find shit if you search YouTube or Google for "Get Along Little Doggies." You have to search for "Git Along Little Dogies." Then here's a parody of that song from Miss Ella Mae Morse:



He's raised on loco weed
He's what you call a swingin' half-breed


Dorothy Dandridge also does a great version of this song. That chorus sound familiar?

Tiny Bradshaw - Train Kept A-Rollin'
Johnny Burnett and the Rock-n-Roll Train Kept A-Rollin'
The Yardbirds - Train Kept A-Rollin' (lots of cool performances around YouTube by different line-ups of this band, including a variation called "Stroll On" that appears in Antonioni's Blow-Up)
Led Zeppelin - Train Kept A-Rollin'
Aerosmith - Train Kept A-Rollin'
Motorhead - Train Kept A-Rollin'

I love the progression of these versions. I guess like most people, I'm most familiar with the Aerosmith version, so maybe that biases me, but I really think they just nailed this song. But then I heard this one (which I wasn't even looking for), and I think it's now my favorite version:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/22/2009 4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home