Monday, June 22, 2009

Songs of the Season, Part 12

Beach Party Time!!!



You know, as many times as I've listened to this song, I've never been able to figure out that first line until just now, when I read the lyrics in the description of this video. And I feel foolish now. "Chewin' out a rhythm on my bubblegum." That has to be one of the all-time greatest opening lines of a song. Right up there with "I got so much trouble on my mind" and "Livin' on spongecake."

Frankie and Annette - Beach Party
Dick Dale - Miserlou
The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
The B-52's - Rock Lobster
The Dictators - California Sun
Annette Funicello and Fishbone - Jamaica Ska



OK, Clambake is not a great movie by any means, but this scene...come on, doesn't that look like the greatest party you've ever seen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home