Monday, October 05, 2009

Personal Shit of No Real Interest to Others

Wow. I really expected that quitting my job would result in this blog being updated more often. It hasn't worked out that way. I'm sincere when I say that from here on, I intend to put more effort into the blogular arts, but who knows how that will actually play out.

It's certainly nice to have more free time and less stress. For one thing, it means I can eat better and exercise more. But in some ways, it's even more stressful. I realized that I've basically had a 9-to-5 job since I graduated college, so there has never been a point in my life when I didn't have this artificial structure imposed on my life. And while that structure sucks, on some level it's also comforting. Now I get up in the morning and actually have to think about what I'm going to do first. For the record, I'm still teaching ESL at night, taking a pretty labor-intensive class on Friday nights that I need to make my credential permanent, and taking StandUp Academy's comedy writing class on Sunday afternoon (if you live in L.A. and want to get coached in your writing by a guy who writes for the Tonight Show, check it out), AND filming a show pretty much every Sunday night. Unlike the old situation, all of these things are of aproximately equal importance, so I actually end up more nervous or anxious as I adjust to this new situation. Anyway, bottom line as far as this is concerned is that blogging has taken last place in this contest. I hope to remedy this.

There's also the fact that Bobbie and I get to spend more time together, which is weird because we've been married for 18 years, so we pretty much ran out of things to say to each other 10 years ago. So we basically just pass each other in the dining room like "Mornin' Sam," "Mornin' Ralph." This doesn't really bother me, but to her it seems to indicate some kind of problem with our relationship. To me it just means we finally get some quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home