Monday, October 12, 2009

Songs I Used to Think Were Awesome, Part 10



When you think of the music in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, the first thing you probably think of is "She's Got to be Somebody's Baby" and maybe "Are You Ready for the Sex Girls?" Then, maybe you think of the use of Led Zep's "Kashmir" and The Car's "Moving in Stereo." Then, maybe you think of Billy Squire's original contribution, the funky "The Best Years of Our Lives," which actually got a fair amount of airplay and I think had a video that was occassionally shown on MTV. Sammy Hagar's theme song for the film doesn't even appear in the movie, as far as I can remember (it probably plays over the closing credits). But man, have you ever heard a song that so thoroughly embodies the hesher culture of the late 70's/early 80's? "Friday night, I'll be checkin' it out/From the back of my vaaaaaaaaaan!" Hell yeah, dude! Nice, chunky guitar effects, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home