Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Single of the Week - The Gentrys


The Gentrys - I Need Love
The Gentrys - Why Should I Cry?

As soon as I saw the Sun label, I got excited, expecting some kind of cool rockabilly or gospel or other American roots music. Nope, the A-side is a light pop song called "Why Should I Cry," sounds exactly like a song I often hear on the Good Times and Great Oldies station, but don't know the name of. Even weirder, the B is this crazy, obnoxious heavy rock track with guitars and organs all in the red.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. 'Why Should I Cry' sounds a lot like 'Midnight Confession' by the Grassroots.
The B-side sounds like a slowed-down version of 'I'm a Man.'
Quite a step down from the Gentrys' one big hit, 'Keep on Dancin.'

11/26/2009 3:53 PM  
Blogger Chris Oliver said...

Yes, just looked it up, that's the one. Thanks for helping me with that!

11/27/2009 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home