Thursday, October 21, 2010

Spittin' Wicked Randomness, Vol. XXXV






We didn't get to record a podcast last week, which is disapointing since Jason recorded an AMAZING new theme song just for the show, and I can't wait for everyone to hear it. But in the meantime, some random stuff, and a rundown of my favorite blogs and tumblrs and whatevers.

Somebody went to the trouble of archiving all of Ta-Nehisi Coates' bloggings abour the Civil War in one place. Next time you get in an argument with some relative who insists the Civil War was not about slavery, you can pull this up and shoot 'em down real quick-like (start with this, this and this).




The postcard image above (from “CASPER’S ALLIGATOR AND OSTRICH FARM On U.S. 1 — 2 Miles North of St. Augustine, Florida") looks an awful lot like the cover of the VooDoo Idols' Crocodile Smoke EP. I grabbed it from one of my new favorite blogs, Bad Postcards. I've also been enjoying this grammar geek blog, Throw Grammar from the Train. As long as I'm on the subject, my current favorite music blog is The Hound Blog (the guy who used to write the Hound's Eye View column in High Times, and a former WFMU DJ, posts lots of great old rock n roll sides with incredibly extensive liner notes). For full album downloads, I've been getting a lot of great stuff from Holy Warbles, which I got started with thanks to Mining the Audio Motherlode on the WFMU blog. This stuff is taking up way too much room on my hard drive! And my current favorite writer about movies is Chris Stangl at The Exploding Kinetiscope. This is a guy who can find incredibly interesting things to say about a shot from Rocky Horror, or an old Fritz Freleng cartoon. So I leave you, for now, with one last video:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home