Saturday, June 22, 2013

Chris Oliver LIVE! at Tao Comedy Studio 6/14/2013

I should probably have waited until I had this memorized a little better, but I was impatient, not only to get this material up, but also to get some video of the studio out there.  We just got stage lights installed, and it made a world of difference. 

So this is pretty rough.  I've got the bit worked out, but the performance aspect is still a work in progress.  This is eight minutes of me talking about guns, gun control and the NRA.  I had a bit of a dilemma working this out, because I'm not really that big a gun control advocate, but I find pretty much all the representatives of the anti-gun control side to be...well, psychotic.  The temptation is just to do a routine about the NRA people (which is mostly what I did), because that's really the funniest stuff, but I made a note about my personal position on this.  I suppose if I were to be a bit more honest, I could have worked up a satirical routine about the liberal position on this issue as well, but it wouldn't be nearly as funny.  You can read some less humorous posts about guns here and here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home