Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Pasta Fun

I was excited to post that I've finally had success with a pasta sauce, but then things took a turn for the dark.

As I posted a while back, I've been trying a different sauce recipe from Marcella Hazen's Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking every week. The ricotta, Bacon and Peas sauce was mediocre, probably owing to not using freshly-grated Parmesan and pouring out too much of the bacon grease. The next week I tried a standard Tomato sauce. I couldn't decide between Tomato and Sauteed Vegetables or Tomato, Garlic and Basil, so I kind of made both, sauteeing garlic with the onions, celery and carrots, and throwing some basil in at the end. Not bad, but it seriously needed much more salt than I had put into it.

This week, I made Bell Pepper and Sausage. The instructions have you peeling the peppers with a peeler. Specifically, it calls for a "swivel-head" peeler, or something, which I don't have, but I made do with a potato peeler. But it's hard to get the peel out of the crevices, and I am notoriously lazy about such things, so I just peeled as much as I could and said fuck it. Had some sweet sausage from the Italian Deli, some canned Italian tomatoes, all sorts of good stuff, and man, was it delicious. But this morning I kept burping up the taste of bell peppers. Felt pretty bad all morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daily Gluttony said...

I hate when bell peppers do that to you!

Hey, thanks for the link!

5/06/2005 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home